LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
(The complete setup for this game can be found here: lsat/viewtopic.php?t=11242)

Please post below with any questions!
 lina2020
|
Hi PowerScore,

Is this "could be true" question the same as a "5 if" question? Based on my previous work, I wasn't able to disprove/eliminate any of the answer choices so I wasn't sure how to go about it other than to write out each possibility, which would have taken too long given the time constraints. Would you mind writing out what each answer choice would look like for this question? What is the best approach to these types of questions in general?

Second, I noticed some of the responses in the general setup mentioned templates being ideal for this logic game. Would you mind drawing out the different templates? I'm having trouble recognizing the possibilities due to the conditional rules.

Thank you!
 KelseyWoods
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Lina!

I've added some templates to the main setup/diagram page of this game: https://forum.powerscore.com/lsat/viewtopic.php?t=11242

You don't necessarily have to use templates for this game. But I would make sure to combine my rules. See below for how to make sure to add the S :longline: M/V rule to your conditional and either/or rule (be sure to scroll through the image!).
Screen Shot 2020-09-15 at 3.06.18 PM.png
From there you can infer some things about how the H----L rule works that gives you the 3 basic sequencing templates for this game. But even if you don't go that far, you still have a lot of information here.

I would also be sure to make Not Law inferences as described in the post about the setup for this game: https://forum.powerscore.com/lsat/viewtopic.php?t=11242. For this question, it's really just testing out your Not Law inferences. If you have a Not Law for it, eliminate that answer choice. Answer choices (A) and (C) are fairly straightforward Not Laws that you should have gotten in your Global diagram so they're out right away. Answer choices (B) and (D) are testing you on Not Laws that are a little trickier and you may not have gotten them upfront. So try those out. If L is 2 or 3, I know right away that H would have to be 1st (because only H or L can go first), which kicks the conditional rule into play. It doesn't work out because there's not enough room for H, M, & S to all be before L. So (B) and (D) are out and (E) is the correct answer.

In general, be sure to look for Not Law inferences when you are doing your Global diagram as that is the main way to make questions like this go faster.

Hope this helps!

Best,
Kelsey
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.