LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Blueballoon5%
|
I do not understand why answer choice A is the correct answer. I feel like answer choice C and D are better options (I chose answer choice D).

What should the last sentence of a passage do? Summarize the main point of the entire passage?
 David Boyle
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Blueballoon5% wrote:I do not understand why answer choice A is the correct answer. I feel like answer choice C and D are better options (I chose answer choice D).

What should the last sentence of a passage do? Summarize the main point of the entire passage?

Hello,

The last sentence of a passage may or may not summarize the main point of the entire passage. It varies from case to case.
In this case, you could say that answer A is a nice summary of sorts, giving the ironic twist that while too much monopoly and abuse is bad, a little monopoly may actually be good. By contrast, answer C is much too ultra-specific--focusing on computers and communications--, and answer D is also a little too specific, focusing on prices and profits. Answer A is more general, and also dovetails with that things in the last paragraph about consumers, monopoly, and monopoly abuse.

David

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.