LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Please post your questions below!
 AnaSol
|
Hi,

When I was solving the game I saw right away that the block KG had to go on Su, Mon and Sat so that N and H could be separated.

Answer choices A and D describe this. What makes D superior? Why A doesn't work? If G is on Mon, then K has to be Sunday and consequently Saturday. What am I missing?

Thanks!
 Luke Haqq
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi AnaSol!

To address answer choice (D), if L is assigned to Thursday, that adds a constraint as to where G can go. We already know that G can't be on Saturday or Sunday, since G only occurs once and the Sat/Sun variable occurs twice. We also know that G can't go on Wednesday, because there'd be no room for K to come before or after it.

That leaves Friday as one possibility for G, which would mean that K goes on Saturday, in which case K would also be on Sunday. Another possibility is for G to be on Monday, in which case K would be on Sunday. So there are only two possible places where G could go based on the local restriction in this question, and in either case that results in K being on Sunday.

Regarding answer choice (A), that could be true. G could be assigned to Monday. But as discussed above, it's also possible that G could be on Friday. Answer choice (A) is incorrect because this question asks for what must be true rather than could be true.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.