LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (D).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 rdee81
|
The answer is D. I see why the answer is D because if L is 2nd then its HLKFMJ and if H is 1 then L is 4. My thoughts were if H is 2nd then there is no place to put block MJ
 Rachael Wilkenfeld
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Why couldn't we put MJ in 5 and 6, rdee? We could have LHKFMJ as a correct solution to the game. Is there a reason that wouldn't work?
 rjhyman
|
Hi! For some reason, I had a lot more trouble with this linear game than I normally do so I am trying to figure out what happened (and how to do these faster). Initially, I picked A but after reviewing the question untimed I see that D is the correct answer. I was wondering how you would suggest going about solving this question? My strategy was to go through each answer choice and think about a possible order where that letter would be second and if I could think of one then it was wrong and moved on to the next answer choice.

Thanks in advance for your help!
 katehos
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi rjhyman!

I would suggest solving this question by first checking to see if the work you've on any previous questions might help you automatically eliminate certain answers (such as eliminating (E) because M is second in the correct answer to question #1). You should be able to eliminate 1 or 2 answers this way and save yourself some time. From there, testing to see if you can create scenarios where the variable in the answer choice is listed second is a great strategy!

In terms of figuring out why this game in particular was difficult for you, would you mind explaining why you selected (A) originally and what, if any, parts of the game were troublesome to you? This information can be useful for determining the source of a problem. Either way, I hope this helps! :)

Kate

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.