LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Setup and Rule Diagram Explanation

This is an Advanced Linear, Numerical Distribution game.

This game setup is discussed in our podcast recap of PT92 Logic Games at https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/podcast/111/

Please post any questions below!
 Yazmins22
|
Hi can someone please explain the rules and draw the diagram.
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Our full official explanation is coming soon, Yazmins22, but to get you started, here are a few suggestions about how to set this game up.

First of all, there is a linear element to the game - the days/times create a natural linear base, with Wednesday PM, Friday AM, and Friday PM being set up as three slots from left to right. The sequence rule about T and P should make clear that linearity (order) is an important element of the game.

Once you have that down, and have diagrammed the rules (a not-law for Q under the Wednesday slot, another for S under the Friday AM slot, the T-P sequence and the two not-laws that result from that relationship), turn your attention to the crucial numeric aspects of the game. As with Game 2 on this test, we have to contend with some possible numeric distributions with 5 variables going into 3 slots. Since T and P cannot be in the same slot, we cannot do a 5-0-0 arrangement, but consider whether a 4-1-0 might work, or a 3-2-0, and then see what happens if there are people in every slot rather than leaving one empty. The last rule restricts how those numeric distributions could be laid out in the base, so pay attention to what that means.

There's more you can do, and you should at least think about whether to try creating templates, but give that numeric approach a try and let us know if that gets you started in the right direction!
 Yazmins22
|
hi adam, would it also be possible to set this up using AM and PM towards the left of my setup and using Wed and Friday as my template. Where Wed has a AM (crossed out ) and PM slot and Friday has an AM and PM slot. I did it as an advanced linear game where Wed and Friday have two slots available (AM and PM).

Is this set up also fine ?
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
You certainly could do that! I chose not to because with only three available slots, putting them left to right made it just a bit easier for me to envision the T-P relationship. It also made it easier for me to stack the groups vertically above their slots. That's harder to do in the kind of setup you described. But as long as you leave yourself enough space between the AM and PM rows, it could work.
 lsatep2024
|
Hi,

It's been about 2 years - is there any set up or answer explanations for the individual questions available?

Thanks!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
With LG disappearing from the LSAT in August, we are happy to take questions on these but it is unlikely we'll have enough time to produce full written setups/explanations. We instead covered this game in the podcast linked above.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.