LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

The correct answer choice is (B).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D):

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 rjhyman
|
Hello! I was deciding between A and B and unfortunately picked A when I took this practice test. The second time I tried this question I picked B so I just want to double-check my reasoning. Since S and T can not go together that makes 2 possible boards: 1) S is on WA (Wednesday Afternoon) and T is on FM (Friday Morning) and 2) T is on WA and S is on FA (Friday Afternoon).

1) WA: S M
FM: T Q
FA: P

2) WA: T M
FM: Q P
FA: S

In both templates, I had P on FM so I picked that answer the second time and was correct. Is there a better way to do this problem that takes less time? (Like should I have made these templates before starting the game?) Thanks in advance!
 rjhyman
|
rjhyman wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:36 am Hello! I was deciding between A and B and unfortunately picked A when I took this practice test. The second time I tried this question I picked B so I just want to double-check my reasoning. Since S and T can not go together that makes 2 possible boards: 1) S is on WA (Wednesday Afternoon) and T is on FM (Friday Morning) and 2) T is on WA and S is on FA (Friday Afternoon).

1) WA: S M
FM: T Q
FA: P

2) WA: T M
FM: Q P
FA: S

In both templates, I had P on FM so I picked that answer the second time and was correct. Is there a better way to do this problem that takes less time? (Like should I have made these templates before starting the game?) Thanks in advance!
QUICK EDIT: I had P on ONE of my diagrams so I picked that answer which is why I picked that answer.
 atierney
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Yes, this looks correct. As you mentioned, there are two boards for this scenario, and B is the only one that matches either of them.

Perfect!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.