LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 arabon66
|
Hi, hope everyone is enjoying their Thanksgiving Break.

I was printing out my admission ticket for the December LSAT, and I was reading down the guidelines for IDs necessary to be admitted to take the test. I didn't think much of it, since I have a driver's license. However, I completely forgot that my birthday is on Dec 2nd, one day before the test. Needless to say, my driver's license expires on the 2nd. What are my options? (By the way, I live in Texas) I tried going to the DPS today, but they closed @ 1:00 for Thanksgiving!

Thank you!
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Thanks for your message--Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

First of all, try to postpone your birthday celebration if you can! its good to be relaxed the day before the test, but not too relaxed.

As for valid identification, perhaps you could get a new license at some point in the interim (before your current license expires)?
 arabon66
|
Hi Steve,

Thank you for your reply. I am going to the DPS to get my temporary license on Monday. What scares me is that on the guidelines, it says that it needs to include your picture on the ID, however, in Texas, the temporary license cards do not have our photo on it. I am concerned that even with the renewed license, and the picture from my expired (by one day) license, the test center will not let me in. Do you know if they will let me in with those two IDs?

Thanks!
 Nikki Siclunov
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Isn't there a procedure allowing you to obtain a new drivers license more quickly? If not, you may be better off with a license that is expired by a day than with one that doesn't have a photo. If I were you, I'd contact LSAC and describe your predicament: they will be better able to assist you, since this is a fairly unique situation. How about a passport? Is that also expiring?

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.