LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Justin
|
I'm taking the LSAT for the first time on Monday and I am starting to freak out a bit. Is there anything that you would recommend to help me calm down a little or is this just part of the process? Thanks!
 Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
First off, I think a little bit of nervous energy can actually be a good thing, as you can use it to keep your focus and endurance levels high on test day. So don't panic if you're a little amped for Monday; just be sure you channel it in the proper way to achieve peak performance.

Beyond that, what I usually find is that people are most anxious about the unfamiliar. That is, people fear what they either don't understand, or can't adequately prepare themselves for. Fortunately the LSAT allows you to gain an incredible amount of understanding/comprehension because it's such a consistent, beatable test. And that degree of comprehension that everyone should strive for prior to taking the test means that you WILL be totally prepared for whatever the test makers throw at you in a few days. Test day surprises should make anyone nervous, but proper preparation means that there's nothing that could surprise you once you sit down to take this thing. So trust your preparation and abilities, know that no matter what you encounter you've got the strategies to overcome it, and you can confidently anticipate scoring at a level that's indicative of your true potential.

Finally, I thought it might be a bit of a relief to know exactly what the test day environment is like, so I found a link to an article that does a great job of explaining it: http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/preparations.cfm

Good luck!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.