LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 ronnieronnie
|
So I am having serious problems with believing that I am progressing and it's getting quite stressful. For example, in the logical reasoning section hw problems. I get a few right and then one or two wrong. And the section drills I am missing parts of the question or getting some of them wrong. I am really frustrated because I'm not sure why I am not grasping the material as much in the hw lessons as I do in the class lessons and as it gets closer to test date, I really think I am going to do horribly and not improve at all because I'm still having issues with the material. Conditional reasoning and unwarranted inferences are my biggest issues and even thought I review the material and do more that 75% of the hw and at least touch on all the topics, I am still getting the same amount of questions wrong. Also on my most recent practice test my score was exactly the same and I am still getting the same kinds of questions wrong.

Should I be concerned? Is there an alternative approach that I am missing? Anything that could explain my sporadic performance and lack of improvement would be great.
 Nikki Siclunov
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi,

Thanks for your question! It sound like you are doing the right thing by reviewing the material and focusing on your weaknesses. Sometimes, however, this is not enough. You need to understand why you are making certain mistakes in order to avoid repeating the same mistakes in the future. If you are a student in one of our Full-Length or Virtual courses, you should fully take advantage of the online explanations provided for each question. Identify the missed question, read the explanations, and make sure you understand where you went wrong. Then (this is very important) do the same question again a few days later.

Many students take awhile to start seeing a significant improvement in their score, which is why we provide you with a ton of homework and practice tests. There is a strong correlation between practicing and increasing your score, but it is critical to learn from your mistakes first. Do not rush to take multiple practice tests, as quality always trumps quantity, and you need to improve your accuracy before focusing on your pace.

Good luck!
 ronnieronnie
|
Thanks,

I never thought of doing the questions over (as obvious as that sounds)

I'll try that and try not to be so frustrated I guess

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.