LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 jnewton
|
I have over a year to prepare for the LSAT. I wont be taking it until June 2013. I bought the LG, LR, and RC books. My weakest area will be LG. But my question is does understanding the LR material strengthen a person LG testing ability? I immediately jumped into the LG book.

I need a study outline for LSAT preperation.
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
I hope others will chime in here, but here's my opinion.

1) Mix it up. Study a little LR, a little LG, a little RC, and keep moving from one subject area to another. This will help keep you from burning out on any one area. Also, some LR information, like conditional reasoning, will help you with some LG topics, especially certain grouping games. But then again, studying those grouping games will help reinforce your understanding of conditionality in LR. So, it's best approached the way we do it in our classes - by mixing it up.

2) Get the most bang for your study buck, and that's generally in LR. That's half the test, after all, so if you can improve a little there you will usually get a bigger overall increase than you would get with a larger improvement in either LG or RC. That said, if games are your Achilles' heel, you'll want to put in some extra effort there.

3) Don't overdo the practice tests. With this much time to study, I would suggest only an occasional practice test at this point, but build up to where you are doing several per week in the month or so leading up to your test administration. You don't want to run out of tests before then, right?

Good luck! Enjoy your studying - it can be a lot of fun.

Adam M. Tyson
PowerScore LSAT Instructor

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.