LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 RayMiller
|
Hello,

I ordered all the PowerScore Bibles and Type Training Manuals to prepare for the October 2012 LSAT. I've read the Bibles and have moved on to the Type Training manuals; however, I see that each of the manuals feature questions from actual past LSATs. Although this is great, I'm having a little bit of trouble determining which LSATs to practice without making sure I haven't already attempted or completed/studied while working in the Type Training manuals. I have ordered 34 prep tests, including the ones that came with the PowerScore material (though some of them may overlap; however I think I have ordered enough, although I may be incorrect-please advise). So, I'd like some guidance on how to make sure when I sit for a tests it's the first time I see the material. Also is there some other material I can order from PowerScore that will allow me to practice on my weaknesses so that I can leave the PrepTests for practice sittings? I can't afford to take the sessions, so I'm doing a self study with the materials. Please help.
Last edited by RayMiller on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 RayMiller
|
Just to be specific...I have Prep Tests 7-38, 52-61, and 62-65
Thx
 RayMiller
|
I also have the all the workbooks and the LR and LG flashcards. Sorry, for all the different posts.
 bcait
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Ray,

Can you please tell me which Type Training books you have? The first volumes contain PrepTests 1-20, the second volumes contain PrepTests 21-40.

Thanks!
Bekki
 RayMiller
|
I have Volume I (LG, LR &RC)
 bcait
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Ray,

Thanks for the reply. You've got a lot of great materials! With your collection of PowerScore books, you could take the following PrepTests with absolutely no question overlap: 24, 25, 56, 57, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, and 65.

This is good information to have, but keep in mind that even if you have seen a few questions from any particular test, that certainly does not render the test useless. Encountering a few questions that you’ve already seen doesn’t guarantee that you will recall them perfectly—a little review can be helpful, and a limited number of familiar questions should not detract much from your practice test experiences.

As for other books, a lot of students find the Deconstructed Series helpful. These books contain complete tests, and explanations for every game, passage, question, and answer choice. Check them out http://powerscore.com/lsat/content_publications.cfm!

I hope that helps!

Bekki
 RayMiller
|
Bekki this helps immensely!!!!

I will defn look into those. Also should I get volume II? Also, I have about 32 preptests, is that enough?
 bcait
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Ray,

It sounds like you've got a good amount of material, and plenty of PrepTests. If you feel like you could use more prep once you've gone over all the content you have, let us know and we'd be happy to suggest additional study aids.

We actually have a new Deconstructed book coming out in a couple of weeks:

http://shopping.powerscore.com/product_ ... _2011_LSAT

This volume contains the June 2011 LSAT (PrepTest 63), and offers comprehensive, question-by-question analysis of every question and answer choice. I mention this book specifically because PrepTest 63 is one of your "no-overlap" LSATs, so this could be really useful in assessing your performance once you've taken the test.

I hope that helps, and good luck studying!
Bekki
 RayMiller
|
Thx a bunches Bekki.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.