LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 moshei24
|
Is this watch really legal to be used on the test? And is it better than anything else out there? Would you suggest buying it?

http://lsattimer.com/
 moshei24
|
Also I read that this is permissible to bring into the test: •Beverage in plastic container or juice box (20 oz./591 ml maximum size) and snack

I've been drinking Special K Protein shakes during the break. Am I going to be able to drink it during the break? Or should I start eating/drinking something else during the breaks? What would you suggest?
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Before I answer the first question a piece of advice: Don't "answer" your own posts with another post that is not on the same topic. When folks like me enter the forum, we often look first for "unanswered" posts. When you post a reply to your own post, before anyone has had a chance to reply, your post no longer shows up as unanswered, and we may overlook it as a result.

Also, each thread on the post should be on a single topic, so that others can search the topic and then benefit from reading what's already been discussed (thus preventing them from having to ask the same question again). When you want to ask a second question that is not on the same topic as the original thread, you should start a new thread, so that others can more easily find it and so each thread is narrowly focused on a single topic. I believe Dave has mentioned this before.

Now, to your first question, about the timer. It certainly looks legal to me, but ultimately that's up to the folks in the testing center to decide. My personal opinion is that I wouldn't buy it, because I don't feel that the cost is worthwhile for an item you are probably only going to use a few times. If you don't already own an analog watch, I would suggest buying an inexpensive one (I've seen them at Wal-Mart for less than the cost of this timer), which you'll be able to use for a much longer time in general use. One good trick to save brain power during the test is to set your watch to noon at the beginning of each section. No need to do any mental math during the section; just know that at 12:30 you will get your 5-minute warning and at 12:35 you're done. When time is called, put down your pencil, reset the watch to noon, sharpen your pencil, and you're ready to go again. In my class I already have my students doing this on practice tests.

Now, if you would like to post your other question, not related to timing devices, as a new thread, go for it, and I am sure someone will chime in on it soon!

Adam
 moshei24
|
And taking money out of the picture, will the watch help to keep time during the test? After spending hundreds of dollars studying, I don't see $20 as really an expense if it's going to make keeping time simpler. You know?

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.