LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 RayMiller
|
Previously, I took the October 1996 LSAT and in the LR section 1, the first question is about french divers, MBT. I answered 'B'; however, in the answer key at the end of the test, it says that 'C' is the correct answer. But today I came across the question in the LR Question Type Training #102 and the correct answer listed is 'B'.

'B' definitely makes more since. But now I'm leery b/c if the LSAT PrepTests (10 More Actual, Official) is incorrect, how often does this occur? I don't know if anyone is aware of this error and/or how often this happens. This could really be a hindrance in studying.

Thanks
 Nikki Siclunov
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
The correct answer choice is most definitely (B), not (C). You can even prephrase this: if the interior of the cave is full of stalagmites, we can reasonably conclude that water was repeatedly falling on a single spot on the cave floor at some point in the past. To make this possible, the cave cannot have been filled with seawater, i.e. the water level was is higher now than it once was.

It's extremely rare to encounter errors of this type in the official LSAC publications, but if you say that they listed (C) as the credited response, this would definitely be an error.
 Steve Stein
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
RayMiller wrote:Previously, I took the October 1996 LSAT and in the LR section 1, the first question is about french divers, MBT. I answered 'B'; however, in the answer key at the end of the test, it says that 'C' is the correct answer. But today I came across the question in the LR Question Type Training #102 and the correct answer listed is 'B'.

'B' definitely makes more since. But now I'm leery b/c if the LSAT PrepTests (10 More Actual, Official) is incorrect, how often does this occur? I don't know if anyone is aware of this error and/or how often this happens. This could really be a hindrance in studying.

Thanks

Hi Ray,

If you were using the "10 more Actual LSAT" book, it's possible that you may have skipped to the following test's answer key--the first correct answer on the very next test is C.

Let me know whether that is what happened--As Nikki pointed out, it would be very, very rare for such a mistake to appear in a released test.

Thanks!

~Steve
 RayMiller
|
I feel HORRIBLE…thank you Nikki and Steve.

Steve you're right, I skipped right past to the next test. I feel better now. I was so irritated that I had missed the first question on the test that I didn't even finished grading the entire test.

Thank you both so much for responding, I'm sorry for wasting your time.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.