LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 moshei24
|
Hi,

I took the full length course, and have been through the books.

I currently got 5 hours of tutoring and it came with the Weekend Course book. Are there any new problems or concepts in that book that I haven't already seen in the full course books?

If there are new question, are the going to overlap with the full length tests that PowerScore has on the website?

Side Question: Is the free June 2007 LSAT that PowerScore offers going to overlap with the courses questions?

Thanks!
 Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Conceptually you won't find any "new" topics in the weekend course that aren't in the full-length, as both courses/books address the same test, and do so comprehensively. That is, both talk about Assumption questions and encourage you to attack them in the same fashion.

The full-length course includes every licensable LSAT question, so again, there is nothing "new" question-wise that could be included in the weekend course. We provide that book to tutoring students so that they (and the instructor) have a concrete point of reference when dealing with concepts/questions: "turn to page XX and let's talk about Assumption questions. Now let's look at question 2 on page XY." etc. Will you see some overlap or duplication? Of course. But the point is to make sure you understand the concept and its application, and a qualified instructor walking you through real LSAT questions (even ones you've encountered at some point in the past) is the best way to do that.

Finally, no we don't use any questions from the June 07 exam in any of our courses. That free test is one we encourage students to take as a timed exam, so we don't pull anything from it into our materials.
 moshei24
|
Is there more overlap between questions in the Weekend course and the tests in the full length course?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Not sure I understand this question--does the WC pull questions from the practice tests in the FL course, is that what you mean?
 moshei24
|
Yeah. Because remember how some of the questions in the FL ended up being in some of the PT's? Are any of the WC questions going to do that same?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Yes. We don't design the two courses to be identical. There is no overlap on recent tests (J10 onward), though, as we try to keep those clear for practice tests.

Thanks!
 moshei24
|
Okay, thank you.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.