LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 sdk
|
What is considered an average LSAT score? Just want to know where I rank in the larger scheme of things :)
 Adam Brinker
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
The LSAT is scored on a scale of 120 to 180. The average score is 151, and 70% of all test-takers score between 140 and 160. All PowerScore instructors have achieved a score in the 99th percentile, which is in the 170s.
 rain4LA
|
What about the average score increase from one of these prep classes?
 Adam Brinker
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
As for the average score increase, I'll paste my response from a similar question on one of the sub-boards...

Studies of our full-length course students show an average score increase of 10 to 12 points from the first administered practice test to the last, and even these numbers do not fully encompass the true likelihood for improvement. For instance, if you initially received a score in the upper 160s, we would not expect a very large score increase, as the scoring scale only goes to 180 and there is simply not much room for improvement. On the other hand, if you were to score in the 140s on the first test, we would actually expect your score to increase by as much as 15 or 20 points. Reports of increases of up to 30 points on the actual LSAT are not unheard of for our students!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.