LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 jschruhl
|
As the test approaches and the number of available PTs I have diminishes, I am wondering what the best way to continue drilling is. I was thinking about reviewing the most recent tests that I have already done and just redoing every section in between my other practice tests. I have basically gotten through all the course homework, the LG bible, LG workbook, and LR bible so I really only have about 5 PTs left and some supplemental sections to work with. Any idea as to whether or not this will be beneficial? I am just struggling trying to figure out what to do this next week. Thanks so much.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey J,

With 5 PTs and the supplement sections left, you actually have a lot of material still to cover. Still, assuming you power through all that, the approach I would take to the earlier material is to go back to the stuff you did first (that is, the material you haven't looked at in the longest time) and redo those sections. However, to echo advice I've given elsewhere on this forum, don't just redo the questions and move on. Instead, try to fit them into your overall abstract view of the test. How does this Grouping game relate to other Grouping games you've seen? What's their use of causality here--is it standard or is there anything unusual present? And so on. One of my favorite approaches for doing this is to approach each question as if you have to teach it to someone else (and if you can actually find someone else to teach it to, all the better!). It's one thing to complete a question and look it over, but another thing entirely to have to know a question well enough to successfully explain it to someone else. Once you start looking at questions from a teaching level, you will likely find you are focusing more on the details, and I often find that students who do this begin to see the connections between various questions, and that helps them become better test takers--faster at recognizing concepts, and more knowledgeable in knowing what types of answers will be correct and incorrect.

Please let me know if that helps. Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.