LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 moshei24
|
Hi!

I'm taking the test next Wednesday, and today is my last day of focused LG studying.

My plan right now is to do 4 LG timed sections (I had a three day getting over burnout break, which got me a little bit rusty in games and RC, so I'm doing a lot of those today and skipping LR). I'm doing two sections I've never seen, and the games in Test 1 and Test 2, because I didn't know games well when I did those many months ago, haven't seen them in a long time, and they're from recent tests. Should I also do the Killer Games in the book I haven't done yet? I think I have 3-4 games left, so that's about a section. If I should do those, should I time them at all?

Thanks for the advice!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
In hindsight, I would say this would be fine, although I have some reservations about Killer Games being part of the final set of games you review before the LSAT. I wouldn't look at those as a timed set either, because their very nature suggests you won't finish them in 35 minutes, which could be demoralizing. On the other hand, if you did 4 of them timed and finished them in 35 minutes or did well overall, it would be a huge confidence booster :-D

Thanks!
 moshei24
|
I ended up doing two untimed after a long day of studying. Wasn't the best idea. I was already too fatigued to have a clear mind. But that's okay. It's in the past now.
 moshei24
|
Though, on the topic of killer games. Would it be a good or bad idea to go over the explanations for them tomorrow when I can't write? Instead of doing the last 3 that I haven't done, I would just read the explanations for them? What do you think?

(If I don't get a response before sundown, I'm going to assume that it would be a bad idea, and not do so.)

Thanks!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Actually, I think it would be a good idea to read through those games and explanations. It won't be easy--those games are by definition quite challenging, but focus on the elements that lead to the solution steps, and try to file those away in case you see anything like that on Wednesday.

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.