LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Sean22
|
I have noticed that my scores have plateaued recently. The last six or seven tests I've wrote, I've scored between 166 and 168. I'm sure this isn't uncommon, but for someone who has been steadily improving since August, I'd like to continue to do so.

There's no specific logical reasoning question or game type that is giving me problems, and my wrong answers are generally varied. The one trend I do notice is that in the logical reasoning sections my accuracy declines near the end of the section. For example, I typically get 0-1 wrong in the first 15 questions, but then 3 or 4 wrong in the last ten questions. This is particularly noticeable in the final 5 questions.

Is there any tips or suggestions for getting past this plateau?
 moshei24
|
Well, I could tell you what my instructor told me to do in LR. Do the first three, and then start from the end. This way, as time is running out, you face what are usually the easiest questions. Some disagree with this method, but it helped me to the point where I averaged 2-3 wrong in LR.

Let me know what you think! :)
 Sean22
|
I'll definitely try that on my next PT, thanks!

I'll have to find a way to manage my time because I normally move through the beginning quickly (usually a minute per question), and it leaves me with extra time for questions I find more difficult at the end.
 moshei24
|
Just make sure you don't get stuck on a question early on. If one is killing you, mark it off and come back to it.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.