LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 ajb17
|
This might seem like a silly question, but I'm at a crossroad. After huge increases from my initial diagnostic, I'm not far from my "goal" score, but still not quite there; I'm 5 points, ideally, from where I'd like to score on the actual exam. My question is: Should I be doing complete practice tests at this point, or should I mix in some days with sections and others with full tests? Initially, I was doing 1-2 tests a week with 1-3 practice sections on days that I didn't do a full test. I'm not sure if I should stick to this plan or try to build more mental endurance by doing 3-5 tests a week.

I know I'm still potentially close to having an even bigger breakthroughs on LG and LR, so part of me wants to keep drilling individual sections.
 moshei24
|
NO, NO, NO, NO, NO.

DO NOT GO CRAZY WITH TESTS.

Hi, I'm Moshe, and I burned out before the October 2012 LSAT. You do not want to overdo full tests, as the result will often be a burnout.

I just felt that I should give you that advice, and let others answer the rest of your questions. Do NOT overdo it, as burnout is the worst possible thing that could happen before the real test. :)

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.