LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 anellis
|
where do i look for information on the experimental section and the essay someone told me about?? I have the online student center...is there information on there?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Anellis,

The discussion of the Writing Sample is in the "Lesson and Homework Supplements - Lesson 10" area in your Online Student Center.

There's a lengthy description of the Experimental Section over at: http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/experimental.cfm. Remember, during the test you don't want to think which one is experimental; you really only want to know that it exists, and worry about it after the test.

Thanks!
 nelsonwilliam
|
What's the lowdown on the LSAT essay section?

The writing prompt presents a decision problem. You are asked to make a choice between two positions or courses of action. Both of the choices are defensible, and you are given criteria and facts on which to base your decision. There is no "right" or "wrong" position to take on the topic, so the quality of your response is a function of how well your choice is supported and other choice is criticized.

I don't remember being told that we can bring a laptop, how are we going to type this?

You are not going to be typing the Writing Sample. This essay will have to be handwritten on the two pages of paper provided. So forget carpal tunnel worries; hand cramps will be your new problem.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.