LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 kgreen20
|
Hello. I took the Powerscore course for the LSAT in August. I am registered to take the LSAT December 1st and have been preparing since August. I work full time and have been volunteering for campaigns during election season. So my preparation wasn't consistent until November. There's 14 days left until the test and I'm wondering if taking a two day break this weekend, and going to my Alma mater to see a football game and drink, would be detrimental to my LSAT preparation. I'm fairly comfortable with my score but wish to boost it by 3 points. I believe this will definitely be possible by test date. I'm really just wondering how much will alcohol consumption hurt me. I welcome all suggestions and seek suggestions from Instructors.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi K,

Thanks for the question. My immediate reaction is go have some fun at the game, and enjoy the tailgating to the fullest. At this point, you're probably halfway out the door mentally, so not going might actually be more detrimental. I think it helps too that you are looking for a very reasonable score increase in December, so there's a bit less pressure there.

Assuming you intend to hit the books Monday night, my only advice would be to take it easy on the Sunday drinking so you will be full strength by Monday (and after day drinking on Saturday, you probably will want to take it easy on Sunday anyway :-D ).

Enjoy the game and have a great weekend!
 kgreen20
|
Thank you for that response. Yea I'm not planning on drinking Sunday, was going to actually do some sections for a 2 hours Sunday.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.