LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 LSATrookie
|
Today I just took my final practice test, and got my highest score ever with a 165! I'm taking the test Saturday and am thrilled about today's score, however I know that this score doesn't matter, only Saturday's does. What I want to know if there's anything I do to carry my momentum and confidence over to Saturday. I would be thrilled to get the results I got today. Thanks!
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Good job, Rookie! You're going to have to change your username!

There are a lot of things you can do, and you may get multiple responses here. Here are a few thoughts:

1) Don't rest on your laurels - study the test you just took, identify areas where you still have room for improvement, re-visit those lessons and do some additional practice from the supplemental materials available in the online student center. Then take another practice test tomorrow to keep yourself in top shape.

2) Do rest, physically - get plenty of sleep, don't overdo anything, even studying. I usually suggest to my students that they take the day before the test off from any studying. Take care of yourself, including eating healthy foods and getting some moderate exercise, like walking.

3) The morning of the test, try warming up your brain with a few LR questions and a game or RC passage, but DO NOT check whether you got the right answers. The point is to get the engine going in LSAT mode, and it doesn't matter if you get them right or not.

4) Be confident. You know you have the ability to do well, and that you are well prepared for the test. Remain calm and focused and don't let anything rattle you. At the test center there may be bad smells, distracting noises, any number of problems with the proctors or the room, but you just have to remain confident that no matter what curves are thrown at you, you will do just fine.

Good luck, and kick butt!

Adam
 LSATrookie
|
Thanks Adam! I've been doing your #3 suggestion on my last few PTs and it has helped, especially for RC. For whatever reason, I may need a passage or two to get into the "LSAT reading mode".
 r miller
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
great advice from adam.

i'll emphasize, don't overdo it. you don't want to be burned out. adam covered that by saying that you should be well rested. the point is to be mentally alert.

i find it's more helpful to look at more, new questions than to review the same ones over and over, although certainly you want to learn and understand why you had a problem on earlier questions, for the learning value.

being confident, as you should be, is important, as adam points out. remember, you are better prepared than most, and you took this prep course, which is the best!

good luck!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.