LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 mfrank
|
I took the full online course in October-November to prepare for the December LSAT. Unfortunately, the test did not go well for me relative to my target score (all sections went great except for one, which I flubbed!). I think my score will be around 170, though worst/ best case scenarios = 167-173.

Last year I scored a 169. Since I think my score will be about the same but perhaps slightly higher this year, my intuition is to keep the score. Though if it turns out I get a 167, will this hurt my apps, or will schools just use the 169?

Thanks!
 Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Thanks for the questions - I'm sorry to hear the test didn't go quite as well as you'd hoped (although you're still scoring quite well, so congrats on that!). If you think there's a reasonable chance your score went up I'd probably advise you to keep it, particularly given that schools really do consider your highest score instead of an average. Of course, it doesn't look great if your more recent score is in fact lower, but with that small of a drop it really won't matter, and given the possibility of an improvement I'd lean pretty strongly towards keeping it.

Thanks!
 mfrank
|
Thanks Jon
 akera
|
Your score is not as bad. But if there is any possibility of improving then I would suggest you to keep it. As the highest score is always preferred so I would suggest you to continue and keep it trying. Best of luck for your improvement.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.