LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 moshei24
|
Hi!

A lot of you know my situation, but if you don't, it's as follows.

I got a 165 in Oct, retook in Dec. I did about 6 practice tests to study for Dec, was ready, but didn't get the best sleep beforehand, and messed up games because I misread things. I cancelled. I'm taking it again in Feb after I apply to schools. I'm graduating in a week, so I pretty much am free to study as I please until then. I'm going to Florida on the 12th for about 2-3 weeks, and I want to do most of my studying then. I don't want to do many practice tests, as I've already done them all, plus many more than once. The only ones I haven't done are the ones that PowerScore doesn't give out, but I did all those questions at some point in the homeworks. My biggest weakness is still RC, and I still have a bunch of RC and LR single sections to do. I feel like my best bet would be to do 8 sections of each type timed and not overdo my studying, but I don't know. Should I go crazy on the studying and then just take the week off before the test to rest?

How would you suggest studying this time around? I've taken a break since the Dec test. Should I give more information about my situation or do you have any advice already at this point?

Thanks!

-Moshe
 moshei24
|
Any advice?
 Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey moshe - it's tough to try to quantify exactly what someone should do ("8 timed sections of reading comp, with one section every other day...", for instance), but I think you've got the right idea here. You've studied enough at this point that further progress is less likely to come from exposure to new ideas, and more from refining your strategies/approach, and focusing on your mindset. So try to stay in test-mode where you're still reviewing material and practicing often, but mostly try to stay calm and focused and confident. I think that's going to be the biggest factor for you at this point.
 akera
|
Agree with you. Moshei you have studied enough. So fellow be confident and stay focus as it will help you a lot, and test mood is god for you.
 moshei24
|
Thanks, guys.

I guess I'll just keep myself relaxed down here on vacation in Florida, and just keep my skills sharp leading up to the test, and then just take one practice a week or so before the LSAT once I'm back in NYC.

Alright. Thanks for giving me a mini pep-talk. I tend to need them. :)

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.