LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 elibeli2
|
Is there a specific reason why the February Lsat's are not published?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
A long time ago, LSAC made a statement to the effect that making the LSAT was extremely difficult, expensive, and time-consuming, and as such, they wanted to withhold one test a year so that it could be re-used for other purposes. By not releasing the results of the February test (which is the smallest test of the year), they can then use that exam in other years for things such as Sabbath tests, accommodations tests, etc. And that's exactly what they do.

Some of the previously unreleased February tests have been released since they were administered (specifically the February 1996 LSAT, the February 1997 LSAT, the February 1999 LSAT, and the February 2000 LSAT), but not any in a long time.

So, the short answer is: they do it for their own convenience :lol:

Please let me know if that helps. Thanks!
 elibeli2
|
Thanks that does help.

Does that mean that February test are harder or different?
 Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
That's a good question, and one we get a lot. So often, in fact, that I wrote a post about it over on our LSAT blog: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid/237 ... he-hardest

Take a look at that, as I think it will help explain the notion of "differences" between the four administered tests.

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.