LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 sellce0
|
Hi,

I just completed the live online full length LSAT course that ran from March to May. I have already completed all of the practice tests assigned that have the full explanations but wanted to inquire about the take home tests. In my preparation I want to make sure I am taking as much time as I would test day but I noticed that the take home tests only have 4 sections and therefore no experimental one. Do you recommend adding an extra section to the practice test so that I am taking a test in the correct length? Or do you think taking practice tests with only 4 sections is acceptable? I just don't want to get used to doing only 4 sections and then have a shock the day of.Thanks!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Sell,

You ask a good question. The answer is that yes, we strongly promote the idea of adding in a 5th section (and on some occasions, a 6th section) when taking practice tests. Fortunately, this question has come up before, and I had the opportunity to address why the tests are presented as they are over at http://forum.powerscore.com/lsat/viewto ... 1992#p4578, as well as to add a few other thoughts (I've linked you to my first response because the thread is pretty long).

The short answer there is that you can and should combine in a 5th "experimental" section into each test, and on occasion (but rarely), I think it is a good idea to run 6 sections in a row because there's nothing like pushing yourself, and it then makes 5 section tests seem a lot easier.

Please let me know if the above link helps, or if you have any other questions about this process. Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.