LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 kjohns1412
|
Hey there!

The June LSAT is exactly two weeks away. I have one more lecture for my online full length prep course this Wednesday and have been devoting about 18-21 hours a week to study/lectures since April 17th. I'm able to complete Logical Reasoning sections in time no problem, but on both Logic Games and Reading Comp sections I cannot for the life of me work through them in enough time to even really start the fourth game or reading passage. The most I'm ever left with is about 3 minutes during which time I attack a list question or specific reference question. With two weeks left I'd hate to accept that my brain just can't read/make logic games inferences quickly enough (which is absolutely the case right now.)

Do you have any suggestions for me to increase speed other than doing as many practice sections as humanly possible? For Logic Games I'm just slow at diagramming fully and making all the important inferences (whenever I try to skimp on that it flops since the inferences are so necessary for flying through the questions) and for Reading Comp I'm slow on the questions even if I read the passage in 4 minutes or less. I need to believe I can improve my score in the next two weeks, but am hitting a wall with speed :(.

Thanks for any advice you can give me!
 Emily Haney-Caron
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi kjohns1412,

One technique I recommend is to gradually decrease the time you give yourself for a section. To start, figure out how long it takes you to complete the whole thing. Next, gradually decrease that time, giving yourself 15-30 seconds less each time. However, I'm not sure that technique will be very useful with only two weeks until the exam. You might try to figure out which questions in particular eat up a lot of time, and save those questions for the end.

Good luck!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.