LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 saranash1
|
I am trying to figure out what to guess if I can't finish because I seem to be having that problem pretty bad. I came across this blog: http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/guessing.cfm
It says you would be best served on the test as a whole by always guessing answer choice (D).
And if you cannot finish the final questions in a section, in the Logical Reasoning section you should always guess answer choice (E). In the Reading Comprehension section you should always guess answer choice (B) or (E), and in the Logic Games section you should guess (A).
What exactly is the final questions in a section?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Sara,

It references that right above the table. Final questions means the "Last Five Answer Choices Per Section."

I hope that helps. Thanks!
 Nikki Siclunov
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Sara,

Thanks for your question!

By "final questions" we mean the last 5 questions. However, I'd pursue that guessing strategy only if there is an almost even response distribution among the questions you were able to answer in the rest of that section. If, on the other hand, after completing twenty questions in a section, you notice that your answer sheet contains a majority of (A)’s, (B)’s, (C)’s, and (E)’s, guess answer choice (D) for all of the remaining questions to get the percentage of each response as close to 20% as possible. The same applies to any other answer choice whose frequency appears to be unusually low. This assumes, of course, that you have a relatively high accuracy level throughout your section. If your accuracy level tends to be lower than 75%, then the observations upon which you choose which guessing strategy to pursue will not be as reliable, and you might as well opt for the guessing strategy outlined in your post.

Let me know if this makes sense.

Thanks!
 saranash1
|
This makes sense thank you both!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.