LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 jadaws
|
I had LR LG LR LR RC:
 elibeli2
|
I had the same thing.
I messed up on the RC i ran out of time on the last one, not sure how that happened.
 jadaws
|
I felt like the LG wasn't bad, even though I'm still upset that I setup one of the games vertically (which made it harder) when I should have really set it up horizontally. Time, and pressure didn't allow me to work with all of my composure. The 1st LR and the 2nd were the ones that counted, and that, in my opinion, is a good thing because I felt like the 3rd one was the toughest. Its hard for me to judge how the RC was because I've never done well with it. I didn't make it to the last story so I just guessed. Overall, it wasn't the hardest LSAT test that I've taken, but not the easiest. That could be because it was the first time that I had ever taken it when it counted. I'll see how I did in July to know whether or not I'm going to take it again in October.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
It's good to hear that wasn't the hardest LSAT for you--that's promising. The scale will also play a role--let's hope the scale is a bit looser than normal (which may be reasonable given the difficulty of the Dodo passage).

Good luck and let us know how you do. Now take some time off and relax :-D
 elibeli2
|
Is there a prediction when the results for the lsat is going to come?
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Yes, here it is from our blog post today about the J13 LSAT: http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid/297 ... loser-Look
  • June 2013 LSAT Score Release Date

The official score release date is Friday, July 5, 2013. June 2013 LSAT test-takers can take heart in the knowledge that, although it will still take longer than they'd like to get their scores back, chances are very good that they'll get them at least a few days before the "official" score release date.

Historically, LSAC has released LSAT scores ahead of their stated score release date. Their reasoning for this (and, no, it's not to drive test-takers batty with anticipation) is that the score release date given for each test is not the date scores will go out. Rather, it is a deadline--a "you'll definitely get your score by this day" date, if you will.

In 2012, the official score release date was July 6, but most students received their scores on four days ahead of the deadline. In June 2011, the LSAC beat their own deadline by two days, and in 2010 - by three days. We fully expect that you'll have your score before Independence Day, probably no later than July 2, 2013. After all, it's no fun having a 4th of July barbeque with butterflies in your stomach!
Tomorrow we'll post a more detailed summary of that info, as well.

How did you feel about the exam overall?

Thanks!
 WA Lsat Rookie
|
It went. RC LR LG RC LR. The first RC (which I have to believe was experimental on my form) was a real kicker and started to throw me off, I just kept telling myself that I would see another RC and that the tough section was exp- to my relief I had a RC section 4. Games were not surprising, last one was a little tough and the proctor at my test center gave a 5 minute warning at the 10 minute mark, which made me frantic and sloppy at the end (proctor realized her mistake a few minutes later and extended the time, but by then the damage had been done and I was frazzled for sure). LR seemed pretty reasonable, with the standard couple of tough questions to trip us up a bit. I was practice testing in the high 160s, have a feeling I may have lot a couple of points due to the rocky first section and the logic games timing kerfuffle.
 Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Based on reports from other students, I think you're correct about your first section being experimental (can't guarantee it obviously). If you remember the passages in 1 and 4 you can take a look at that blog post Dave referenced and compare your passage sets to the real ones. That would let you determine which section was your experimental.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
WA Lsat Rookie wrote:I just kept telling myself that I would see another RC and that the tough section was exp- to my relief I had a RC section 4.
Congrats on handling it this way--this is the perfect response when you run into a tough section early on the test :-D

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.