LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Estion
|
Hi there!

I recently took my first timed PT using the analytics package and now I'm looking to blind review my test. Under "Test Results" I see an option to "edit answers" which opens up my test and let's me pause as I work my way through it again. My question is will this produce another score (i.e. my review score) or will it just amend my original score? Ideally I'd like to see both and while I can easily track my answers during review using excel, I wanted to be able to use your analytics package if possible during my review.

Additionally, I know you recommend working through older PTs first, and it looks like only PTS 50+ are available in the 3 section + experimental format. So, I wondering if you have an opinion on whether it's best to use 3-section or 4-section tests for timed PTs before we get to PT50?

Thank you!!
 Dana D
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey Estion,

Doing full length PTs with all 4 sections are great for ensuring you're training for the stamina required to take the real LSAT. They will also give you the most accurate idea of your real score, because they are testing you under the most realistic conditions. I would use the older PTs that are 3 sections to make sure you're understanding concepts - so pay attention to what question types you're getting right or wrong - and then as you get closer to your test day make the switch to more recent PTs with all 4 sections. If you are taking an LSAT post June when there are no logic games, you could also elect to just focus on the tests under "3-Section: No LG" for PTs without any LG involved.

As for reviewing the PTs, you want to flag questions or make them as "guess" when you are initially taking the test. Then, upon completion, you can find the PT you did under "Test Results" and select "Review." The review window will show you any questions you flagged or marked guess, which you can then review and update answers for. This will not affect your initial test score. If you haven't flagged any questions or marked them as a guess, you can do so later in the "Edit window". If you actually change answers under the edit option, it will change your score, so instead you should use the edit feature to flag questions you were unsure about and then review these questions under the "review" tab. This is a screengrab of what the Review screen will look like.
Capture.PNG

Hope that helps!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.