LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 JHabet
|
Hi!

So I'm taking the October LSAT and have been taking the Live sessions online. I was wondering if someone could help me with a preparation strategy for the next 6 weeks before the exam. Our instructor warned us about practising sections entirely in the homework since they may give us a false sense of speed (because they are all the same type of question). He suggested doing timed sections but I'm not sure where to find these sections. I don't want to grab them from entire tests since I want to start taking the tests I have without "ruining" them by grabbing individual sections.

Any advice would help! Thank you :)
 BethRibet
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi,

Thanks for your question. You can obtain more tests either through the LSAC directly, or through Powerscore, here: http://www.powerscore.com/lsat/publications/
If you have access to the online student center through Powerscore, you'll find some tests available there.

I wouldn't hesitate to break up some individual tests in order to do timed sections, there are abundant tests available dating back over the years, so it's unlikely you'd exhaust them all.

My general recommendation -- which isn't right for everyone, you can work up a study plan that fits best for you -- is to build up your skills in each section and question type, then when you feel like you're able to solve/tackle any type of question, progress to building up speed. For that, it's helpful to take 2 timed practice tests per week, and do timed sections in between. The general goal is to always keep your test-taking skills honed and available to you, so a little prep each day is a goo idea. However, there is definitely such a thing as "overkill" in test prep -- avoid burnout by taking breaks, keeping study sessions finite (generally 4 hours would be a daily max), and alleviating stress, getting plenty of rest.

Good luck!
Beth
 gerry_5
|
Thanks! :)
 JHabet
|
Thank you!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.