LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Jon Denning
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
As August's LSATs conclude, test takers throughout the US and Canada naturally wonder what to make of their experience, and are eager to hear more about the experiences of others. To aid in that, this thread allows you to provide general feedback about your test, and will serve as a one-stop repository for all of the details that PowerScore users submit.

This information can then help you better predict your own scoring outcomes, and determine whether to keep or cancel your score (although these days you rarely should cancel since only your highest score matters). For more assistance on making that decision, please search: The Ultimate LSAT Scoring Guide: Should You Keep or Cancel?

Here is LSAC's note regarding test discussion:

REMINDER: Under your Candidate Agreement, you may not discuss the details of any specific LSAT questions at any time. For the August LSAT, general discussion of what sections you had, or how difficult you found a given section, or speculation about which sections were scored or unscored, is prohibited until after 7pm ET, Saturday, August 10th. Posts that violate these rules will be taken down and may result in disciplinary action from LSAC. Let’s work together to ensure the test is fair to everyone, and not share information before everyone has taken the test.

Some examples of typical comments:

Okay: the section on Cambodian woodworking really had me second guessing everything.
Over the line: the passage on Cambodian woodworking didn’t count.

Okay: a few of the games had me confused but think I was okay.
Over the line: I had Cambodian woodworking, Fireflies, and rice farming in Iowa so Lithuanian Lithograph Libraries was experimental.

Okay: overall fair test, struggled on a couple of RC passages (damn you polymorphic molecules) but think I was okay hoping for a -2 or -3
Over the line: fair test but struggled on a couple RC passages (polymorphic molecules anyone? Thankfully it didn’t count). Don’t want to take again in October

Over the line: Anyone know if Polygamist Societies in the 1880s was real or experimental?

Good luck on the test!

Note: This thread will continue to update and grow over the coming days, and thus is neither official nor complete while the discussion is ongoing. If you are considering canceling based on the details provided here, give the conversation a day or two as we work to confirm all of the information is accurate.

We're wishing everyone the very best on their LSAT, and can't wait to hear how it went!
 harris.anthonyw
|
I had 2 RC, but unfortunately none of the crystal ball predicted topics showed up in any of the 8 sections.
 treenutbuster
|
First time test-taker. Got the 3LR;1RC test, which was surprising considering Reddit would almost have you believe that it was impossible for this cycle. Had some LSAC-related prep issues that mostly exacerbated the closer I got to test day, but outside of that I genuinely felt like the exam was pretty…easy? Obviously there were highs and (relative) lows, but each of the LR sections were pretty straightforward. One of them had wording that I feel like I’ve never even SEEN before on a prep test, but the Q Types were still easily identifiable. Just structure shifts, honestly. Noticed some other things but I’m hyper anxious about getting in #trouble. If I had to compare this exam to ANY of the PTs… idk man. Maybe the 90s? Maybe? Maybe even earlier? These were pretty straightforward, largely lacking any pork barrel-ing. Some normal lsat test tricks that almost snagged me on a few LR Q’s, but honestly not bad at all. Just wishing prep wasn’t such a cluster. If I had RC timing down pat, this was such a great exam to get imo.

I’ll +1 the crystal ball comment. I’ll go a step further, honestly, I will have to go through the presentation again (I love a deep dive), but obviously I’ll have to rely on a faulty memory. I think that only 1 topic from the RC section was even tangentially talked about for me — even then, I can not IMAGINE that was what was being referred to when it was suggested.

Secondly, re: the crystal ball predictions for LR Q types, felt like some were pretty accurate; others were very overrepresented compared to what was anticipated. Excited to dig more into it after administration wraps up.
 hyperspacial
|
I was in the LR-LR-RC-LR camp, with the first two LR feeling MUCH more difficult than the RC and last LR.

RC was a patronizingly written defense of the big bang, authors A and B about Kafka, four legal approaches to the problem of evasion, and the role of a diplomat. We might be at the end of the crystal ball era folks :']

I don't know how much we're able to go into certain questions, but there were a couple LR ones that I struggled to even eliminate answer choices for. One was was picking a specific item when the existing inventory was either (A and B) or (C and D), where all the answers seemed to me to be (-A and -C) or some variation of that. Another one set up that of a sample group where 'some have A, some have A and B, less than half have C, more than half have D, and 3/4 have E' the variables being certain attributes, and it was a must be true question. Despite being fairly confident in my formal logic, I wasn't able to determine which option was right and ended up just guessing what was logically weakest.

My PT score band is 172-176, but this test felt worse than any PT I've taken. Now I'm stressing about buying score preview or registering for October.......
 harris.anthonyw
|
As stated above, I had 2 RC sections (RC, LR, RC, LR if the order matters)

To the best of my memory, these were the topics by section:

1- literary critics comparative, layers of AI and human mind, winner take all elections

3- comparative Diogenes, economic theory of law/punishment, condor parthenogenesis, international environmental law

I may have mixed up a couple of those. I don't recall either of them being particularly harder than the other, though I think I had more time left over on section 3.

I remember a handful of difficult questions from the LR sections that I could share to maybe help ID the experimental. Let me know and I will post the ones I wrote down.
 claireo1010101
|
Typically was Pting in the 175-180s. Had LR LR RC LR. First LR RUINED me I felt stuck on the first question, didn't know if it was nerves or what. Second was a bit better but frazzled after the first. The RC passages were ok but I thought the questions were veryvery difficult and ran out of time. Came out of the test crying and super dissapointed that I don't even think I'll get above a 160 at this point so it sucks :/
 claireo1010101
|
hyperspacial wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2024 6:01 pm I was in the LR-LR-RC-LR camp, with the first two LR feeling MUCH more difficult than the RC and last LR.

RC was a patronizingly written defense of the big bang, authors A and B about Kafka, four legal approaches to the problem of evasion, and the role of a diplomat. We might be at the end of the crystal ball era folks :']

I don't know how much we're able to go into certain questions, but there were a couple LR ones that I struggled to even eliminate answer choices for. One was was picking a specific item when the existing inventory was either (A and B) or (C and D), where all the answers seemed to me to be (-A and -C) or some variation of that. Another one set up that of a sample group where 'some have A, some have A and B, less than half have C, more than half have D, and 3/4 have E' the variables being certain attributes, and it was a must be true question. Despite being fairly confident in my formal logic, I wasn't able to determine which option was right and ended up just guessing what was logically weakest.

My PT score band is 172-176, but this test felt worse than any PT I've taken. Now I'm stressing about buying score preview or registering for October.......
I think we had the same section I ended up just guessing brutal ://

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.