LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 david561
|
So after memorizing all of the premise and conclusion indicators I was just wondering if somebody could use (preferably all of them) individually in example sentences/ arguments. Although memorizing them does help I would like to be able to see them being utilized in a sentence in order to really understand where the premise/conclusion will be located during their presence. I know that there are of course instances where no indicator will be present as well as the concept of their not being a homogeneous lay out of their appearance but either way id still like to see them in sentences.
Thanks,
David
 Ron Gore
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi david!

Thanks for the message. Memorizing the indicator word lists is a great first step to being able to identify the parts of arguments in the stimulus, and something that is critical for increasing your speed and accuracy on the test. Unfortunately, coming up with example sentences of all the indicator words is quite a resource intensive task for us to be able to do in this environment. However, I have an alternative that I hope will be even better for your LSAT preparation.

Our printed materials, and the released LSAT PrepTests, contain multiple examples of the usage of each of the words in the lists (for example, our conditional drills use the vast majority of those words and also have complete explanations about how the word is being used. That's just one of many different resources we provide that fulfill your request). It would be a very valuable exercise for you to identify examples from our materials and the tests, as you come across them, of the various words being used in context. This process would focus your attention on identifying the words as a standard practice, and would reinforce their meaning as you copy down the examples. By identifying those usages in context, you would learn the concepts faster, and, more importantly, more solidly.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

Ron

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.