LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 jdotl
|
I will be taking the LSATs in February and possibly June of 2015. I am planning to take the LSAT course offered January 4th - February 4th of 2015 (If the scheduling is consistent as now)
Is it recommended greatly that I start preparing it for it as early as, now?
Also, is it risky to take the course RIGHT before the test in February?
Help!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi J,

Thanks for the question. Starting 6 months ahead of the LSAT is a bit early, but it is not unusual. Starting early can be especially beneficial if you have some concerns about the LSAT, and also if you take some breaks during your preparation.

When you take a course depends in large part on what kind of studier you are. For some people, starting early helps them relax, and it gives them more time to absorb the ideas. If their course ends a few weeks (or months even) before the LSAT, they then use that time to practice and really let the ideas sink in.

However, other people benefit from having the course run right up to the LSAT, and for them they retain the information better if they have it repeated in the days immediately before the LSAT.

Neither approach is better--it's all about the one that works best for you :-D If both sound like they would work for you, let me recommend that you start early, and take an earlier class. Having more time is always better, and I've noticed that students in the earlier starting classes (or those in a particular class but not taking the LSAT until much later) tend to be far more relaxed, and ultimately end up doing better on the LSAT.

Were you thinking of an in-person class, or an online class? If I know where you are and what course you are considering, i could give you some more specific thoughts and options.

Please let me know your thoughts on the above. Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.