LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Basia W
|
Good morning,

I seem to consistently be overwhelmed with formal logic assumption questions- I have already gone over lesson 2 quite comprehensively and done those questions several times. Do you have any advice of where I can go to get more practice?

thank you!

Basia
 David Boyle
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Basia W wrote:Good morning,

I seem to consistently be overwhelmed with formal logic assumption questions- I have already gone over lesson 2 quite comprehensively and done those questions several times. Do you have any advice of where I can go to get more practice?

thank you!

Basia
Hello Basia,

I'm not sure I understand your question. Assumption questions would be covered largely in chapter 5. Formal logic would be covered largely in a module around lesson 8 in the online student center. So I'm not sure what you mean when you discuss lesson 2. If you would like to clarify, that might be helpful. Thanks,

Hope this helps,
David
 Basia W
|
Hello,

I meant that in an assumption question you have to link an in assumption composed of conditional elements. Sorry if my previous wording was confusing,

best,

Basia
 David Boyle
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Basia W wrote:Hello,

I meant that in an assumption question you have to link an in assumption composed of conditional elements. Sorry if my previous wording was confusing,

best,

Basia
Hello,

You are talking about supporter assumptions? Yes, you may often have to use conditional reasoning. E.g., if the premise is a :arrow: b, and the conclusion is a :arrow: c, then the supporter assumption linking things together should be b :arrow: c.
The assumption question homework in lesson 5 seems to have numerous problems that will let you exercise conditional reasoning vis-a-vis assumptions.

David

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.