LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Salvi627
|
Normally when I take practice exams I find myself checking my timer every now and then to see how much time is it..How often is it recommended to check how much time is left during each section?

Thanks,

Sophie
 Nikki Siclunov
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Sophie,

While there is no set "recommended" number of times you should check your watch, I tend to look at my watch at the end of each game (in LG) or passage (in RC). In Logical Reasoning, I check to see how much time I've taken to answer the first 10 questions (so, after Question 10), and then again after question 20. Ultimately, this is a personal preference: I typically find that if I'm constantly checking my watch, I start freaking out and lose concentration. You can't simply start thinking "faster" just because the time is ticking: if anything, it slows you down and you start to panic. For that reason, some students swear by never looking at their watches... which is also a bad, idea, IMO. You want to pace yourself well, but within limits. With enough practice tests, you should be able to find the right balance for yourself :-)

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.