LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 gabs.baker
|
I know you guys insist that no test is necessarily harder or easier than others but I'm dying to know if any of you PowerScore experts have thoughts about the one coming up on Saturday! From what I understand the June 2014 was a beast and that the LG section had types of games that hadn't been used in years. With that being said, do you guys think that this next one will also throw in games and questions that are rarely used/catch people off guard instead of sticking to the more basic concepts? This is my first LSAT and I'm just curious if there is anything in the history of the test that gives way to reasonable predictions.

What sparked all this is that I just took the October 2013 practice test and did the best I've done so far during the online course (a 24 point increase from my diagnostic in July YAY!!). But I felt like the October test was "easier" than any other ones I've taken thus far. It didn't have any less frequently used questions/games that I noticed and it seemed to me that it stuck to pretty basic stuff. I just feel like my score from that test is giving me false hope about what I can expect to score on Saturday if this upcoming test is reflective of how June was.
 David Boyle
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
gabs.baker wrote:I know you guys insist that no test is necessarily harder or easier than others but I'm dying to know if any of you PowerScore experts have thoughts about the one coming up on Saturday! From what I understand the June 2014 was a beast and that the LG section had types of games that hadn't been used in years. With that being said, do you guys think that this next one will also throw in games and questions that are rarely used/catch people off guard instead of sticking to the more basic concepts? This is my first LSAT and I'm just curious if there is anything in the history of the test that gives way to reasonable predictions.

What sparked all this is that I just took the October 2013 practice test and did the best I've done so far during the online course (a 24 point increase from my diagnostic in July YAY!!). But I felt like the October test was "easier" than any other ones I've taken thus far. It didn't have any less frequently used questions/games that I noticed and it seemed to me that it stuck to pretty basic stuff. I just feel like my score from that test is giving me false hope about what I can expect to score on Saturday if this upcoming test is reflective of how June was.
Hello gabs.baker,

There is just no way to predict. It's great that you did well on the Oct. 2013 test, but, as you note, don't predict anything automatically about how you'll do on Saturday.
I think what is predictable is...unpredictability! (Ha ha) In other words, we don't know what Law Services will do, so just be ready for anything, including reviewing the theory and lessons that you have been taught. Being well-prepared, you can go into the test with confidence, ready for just about anything.

Hope this helps,
David

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.