LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Garrett K
|
Hello PowerScore,

So I really hate to ask this question, but what should I be studying with a few days before the LSAT??? I have been studying for about 4 months now, and have averaged high 160s/low 170s. But the past 3 LSATs have been alot lower, like low 160s. Im kinda worrying that my scores are going down at the wrong time. Should I try and do a bunch of practice problems over the next few days or should I just rest and take it easy? I really don't know what to do.

Thanks,
Garrett
 Lucas Moreau
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hello, Garrett,

First of all: calm down and don't panic. You sound like you're doing quite well. :-D

Second, I recommend that you take it easy the next few days...do only a few practice problems, but mainly focus on destressing yourself. It sounds like you already have the knowledge and skills you need, but your stress and panic are hindering your results. So take a little time off, do something you enjoy, and during Friday don't do any studying at all.

A high score is almost impossible to be a fluke compared to a low score. You can't score in the low 170s by accident, but a downgrade in score could have many reasons. Recharge your batteries some and I think you'll be in a good situation.

If you truly, genuinely feel the need to study, only study targeted areas that you know you don't score as well in - look at old practice tests to figure out what question types you need more work in.

Above all, don't stress out, you sound like you'll do fine. 8-)

Hope that helps,
Lucas Moreau
 Garrett K
|
Thanks for the advice. I think you are right....I'm just gonna relax and take it easy

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.