LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Ask questions about our company, courses, books, and tutoring.
 zzy1215
|
I have seen several questions that A said premise 1+ premise 2+ conclusion, and B said But + refuting premise 1.
The question is that which of the following is the point at issue between A and B, and there is not a choice about premise 1.
In that case, can I automatically assume that person B is disagreeing with A's conclusion?

Also, in another case where B starts with "I disagree" rather than "but", I found a lot of the correct answers are just the conclusion of A. So is the "I disagree" always referring to A's conclusion?

Thank you!!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
There are certainly examples of all of this, but the test makers are way too smart to make these constant answers that are "automatically" or "always" true. In fact, they are happy to use phrases such as "I disagree" to distract you away for the real disagreement.

If I had no time left in the section I'd take a chance that these are the case, but if I'm seeking a score in the 170s then I'd be careful, especially in the second half of the section when difficulty is usually higher.

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.