LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

ChicaRosa
|
I was stuck between B and D and ended up choosing the correct answer as a quick guess.

Is B correct because it gathers information that relates to the information in the stimulus?

Is D wrong because the nowhere in the stimulus does it mention about smell?

Lastly, is this a "Strengthen the Argument" or is this a "Must Be True" sub-type question?

Thank you!
 Emily Haney-Caron
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi ChicaRosa,

This is a Strengthen question. B is correct because it suggests that pit vipers use their pits to find predators rather than to find prey. Do you see that, looking back at it?

D is wrong because it is totally irrelevant; whether D is true or not doesn't impact the conclusion at all.
 ChicaRosa
|
Emily Haney-Caron wrote:Hi ChicaRosa,

This is a Strengthen question. B is correct because it suggests that pit vipers use their pits to find predators rather than to find prey. Do you see that, looking back at it?

D is wrong because it is totally irrelevant; whether D is true or not doesn't impact the conclusion at all.

Hi Emily,

Your explanation is very helpful :-D ! I think I misread this one when I was doing this problem under timed conditions. Basically, I'm looking for an argument that's suppose to support the conclusion about the pit vipers use of infrared sensors to judge the size of its predators.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.