LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

Administrator
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Complete Question Explanation

Point at Issue Questions. The correct answer choice is (D).

Answer choice (A):

Answer choice (B):

Answer choice (C):

Answer choice (D): This is the correct answer choice.

Answer choice (E):

This explanation is still in progress. Please post any questions below!
 alexis.la
|
Hello !

I got this question right, I just had a general question about the LSAT and didn't know where else to ask it.

So, this question (#13) reused the stimulus from question #12, and the stem just asked a new task of us.
This actually occurred twice in this section (#17 and #18 were also repeat stims).

This test is from 1995 though so I'm curious if this is something that I can expect to see in 2021 still. The textbook actually didn't mention this so when I saw the repeat I thought "hmm this seems too nice of them", because I'm saving valuable time from not re-reading (still gave a quick skim though to make sure they aren't preying on my assumption that it's the exact same).

Look forward to your response :)
 Beatrice Brown
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hi Alexis! Thanks so much for your great question, and great job on getting this question right :)

Double-question stimuli used to be popular on the LSAT in the 1990s and early 2000s, but they're very rarely seen on the LSAT at this point, if at all (see this PowerScore blog post for a more in-depth discussion). It's a good thing to be prepared for in case one comes up on your LSAT, but it's very unlikely you'll see two questions asked about the same stimulus on test day.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.