LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 broth99
|
So, I talked to some admissions officers at the LSAC Law Fair and the one thing they all told me was to keep the LSAT related addenda very brief and to the point. Further, they mentioned any argument should be fact-based. One example a few repeated was "if you can mention how your SAT was below the median for the undergraduate institution you attended, but then show how you were able to still outperform in college that would be ideal". (example of an A2Z episode where Dean Z says kind of the same thing: https://youtu.be/TkG2aD4Az80?si=i6JkhPsAEDfwNzzY&t=565)

So, the one question I have is should I use compare my SAT score against the SAT score of the incoming class for my undergraduate institution or against the class I was a part of. The reason I ask is because there is a major rise in the SAT median at my undergraduate institution. While I am below the median compared to the incoming class, I was not below the median when I applied to the college. I was just wondering if I could get some advice on this.

Thanks!
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
broth99 wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:09 am So, I talked to some admissions officers at the LSAC Law Fair and the one thing they all told me was to keep the LSAT related addenda very brief and to the point. Further, they mentioned any argument should be fact-based. One example a few repeated was "if you can mention how your SAT was below the median for the undergraduate institution you attended, but then show how you were able to still outperform in college that would be ideal". (example of an A2Z episode where Dean Z says kind of the same thing: https://youtu.be/TkG2aD4Az80?si=i6JkhPsAEDfwNzzY&t=565)

So, the one question I have is should I use compare my SAT score against the SAT score of the incoming class for my undergraduate institution or against the class I was a part of. The reason I ask is because there is a major rise in the SAT median at my undergraduate institution. While I am below the median compared to the incoming class, I was not below the median when I applied to the college. I was just wondering if I could get some advice on this.

Thanks!

I'd be careful there since the grade inflation over the past few years is a well-known fact. If someone realizes what you are doing, they will think its shady and then you're a likely auto-reject.

Thanks!
 broth99
|
That is why I was wondering cause the SATs have become optional and that caused a slight grade-inflation. But because I heard it from couple admission officers this year and also from a recent A2Z podcast I was just curious. But yea, I definitely don't plan on mispresenting myself. haha. thanks for the advice!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.