LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to law school or law school admissions.
 TootyFrooty
|
I’m a super splitter with 2.2 gpa, had extrenuating circumstances but I aim for a 170+ on lsat.

I am planning to try my luck for top 14, and some at 50 and under.

I have 12 years of IT experience.

I can take it in jan but for some reason my sleep has gone whack and I don’t feel confident enough as of right now atleast.

Is it terrible to take feb and apply this year? Some schools are saying it won’t matter at all while others are saying it’s a tight squeeze I don’t know what to do
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
TootyFrooty wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:30 pm I’m a super splitter with 2.2 gpa, had extrenuating circumstances but I aim for a 170+ on lsat.

I can take it in jan but for some reason my sleep has gone whack and I don’t feel confident enough as of right now atleast.

Is it terrible to take feb and apply this year? Some schools are saying it won’t matter at all while others are saying it’s a tight squeeze I don’t know what to do
Hi!

It depends on the school. I would contact the schools you are looking to apply to and see what the latest LSAT they accept is. Many, but not all, accept February.

We have a list as a guideline here, (although I would still recommend contacting schools directly to make sure):

https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/top-10 ... 3-edition/

Thanks!
 TootyFrooty
|
Thanks. I contacted a few but I’m getting mixed messages

One said that even January is late.

And others are saying it’s absolutely fine and some people on Reddit are saying the schools are deliberately saying that to up their admission application count and also that scholarships would be less?
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
TootyFrooty wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:56 pm Thanks. I contacted a few but I’m getting mixed messages

One said that even January is late.

And others are saying it’s absolutely fine and some people on Reddit are saying the schools are deliberately saying that to up their admission application count and also that scholarships would be less?
It's school-specific, which is why you want to check with each school, but overall January is not too late.

Our friends at Spivey Consulting have consistently said this is a slow cycle, and we tend to agree.
From Spivey https://www.spiveyconsulting.com/blog-p ... ata-update: "This cycle is likely to continue slowly. Most law schools will want to get a better handle on the applicant pool before locking in too many admits (after all, it was only a few years ago that law schools ended up over-enrolling by an average of 10% as a result of mistakenly relying on historical data)."

As for what you've heard on Reddit, you're bound to hear all sorts of speculations on social media:-D. Only law schools know the answer but it's unlikely that adcomms are deliberately misleading students to apply later.
 TootyFrooty
|
Thanks. I was more concerned about February.

Yale just said feb would be too late.

If I take the lsat twice will they take the highest score so that I can attack both schools that take jan and feb?

Though I guess that could backfire in case I don’t do well feb
 TootyFrooty
|
Stephanie Oswalt wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:56 am
TootyFrooty wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 12:30 pm I’m a super splitter with 2.2 gpa, had extrenuating circumstances but I aim for a 170+ on lsat.

Hi!

It depends on the school. I would contact the schools you are looking to apply to and see what the latest LSAT they accept is. Many, but not all, accept February.

We have a list as a guideline here, (although I would still recommend contacting schools directly to make sure):

https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/top-10 ... 3-edition/

Thanks!
I just checked the list. Is there an updated version for 2024?
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Our staff is working on updating for this year, but it takes time to call and verify with every single school on this list. This list is meant more as a general guide, which is why I'd recommend you call the schools you're specifically interested in. :)

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.