LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 tcbc59
|
When doing Lesson 1 problem HW sets, should I focus on completing questions within 1 minute or so or going slowly and applying concepts I've learned from class ?

If I go slowly, I get them all right most of the time. If I stay within the time constraints of what the test would be, I miss 1 -2 questions out of 5 because I don't get to them.

Curious where I should focus attention. I ended up doing the first half of the problem sets slowly using techniques from class and the second part timed.

Thank you!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
tcbc59 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:20 pm When doing Lesson 1 problem HW sets, should I focus on completing questions within 1 minute or so or going slowly and applying concepts I've learned from class ?

If I go slowly, I get them all right most of the time. If I stay within the time constraints of what the test would be, I miss 1 -2 questions out of 5 because I don't get to them.

Curious where I should focus attention. I ended up doing the first half of the problem sets slowly using techniques from class and the second part timed.

Thank you!
Hi tcbc59,

Thanks for the post! Timing is of course important on the LSAT, so it should be something that's at the back of your mind, but not at the forefront just yet. :)

In fact, it is common at this point for your timing to slow down as you learn to practice and apply the new concepts efficiently. So for now, focus on learning and practicing the concepts. With the practice of these techniques -- and also importantly, with the review of the questions you got right/wrong -- your speed will also improve.

As you progress through the course, continue to be mindful of your timing on questions (our analytics does provide a breakdown of time spent on questions), and please reach out if you find you're continuing to struggle with timing, and we can provide some tips on what to focus on at that point.

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.