LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

david_a
|
Can somebody please explain how answer choice B) is correct . My initial answer was choice C).

The new condition it introduces allowed me to make a deduction that somewhat forms into a simple chain like this:

⟋ N
L - P - J - O-K-M

I thought N would be excluded from our count since we can't determine the exact rank of it and since P - J are the new conditions brought in, we can also exclude that from our count, leaving us with L, O, K, and M . Four Possible names that can be determined .
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
david_a wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:29 pm Can somebody please explain how answer choice B) is correct . My initial answer was choice C).

The new condition it introduces allowed me to make a deduction that somewhat forms into a simple chain like this:

⟋ N
L - P - J - O-K-M

I thought N would be excluded from our count since we can't determine the exact rank of it and since P - J are the new conditions brought in, we can also exclude that from our count, leaving us with L, O, K, and M . Four Possible names that can be determined .
Hi!

I'm not seeing #12 on page 1-26 in the course book. Can you please clarify where this question is located? Thanks!
 Adam Tyson
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
That game is on pages 1-28 and 1-29, and question 12 is explained in this thread, David:

viewtopic.php?f=431&t=11010

The short answer is that we don't know where O will land, because N could be before it or after it. L is first, P is second, and M is last, and the rest are unknown due to the flexibility of N.

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.