LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 ahg2016
|
Hi all!
After this cycle and getting waitlisted at almost every school (I believe it is due to my lower LSAT score & applying late)- I am retaking the LSAT in nov & taking the powerschool course for a hopeful score booster.
For reapplication I have to admit I am confused and need some assistance!
Should the PS/ why x law school/DEI letters be completely rewritten?

I am taking a few months off (graduated in june & was on the waitlists up until today) to only focus on the LSAT (cliche i know), but doing small nannying/babysitting jobs that will not overtake my studying. (that is why i had trouble in undergrad because I put myself though college and worked non-stop). How do I show improvements in my law school applications when I am really just studying?
Open to any and all advice!!! thank you!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
ahg2016 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 2:27 pm Hi all!
After this cycle and getting waitlisted at almost every school (I believe it is due to my lower LSAT score & applying late)- I am retaking the LSAT in nov & taking the powerschool course for a hopeful score booster.
For reapplication I have to admit I am confused and need some assistance!
Should the PS/ why x law school/DEI letters be completely rewritten?

I am taking a few months off (graduated in june & was on the waitlists up until today) to only focus on the LSAT (cliche i know), but doing small nannying/babysitting jobs that will not overtake my studying. (that is why i had trouble in undergrad because I put myself though college and worked non-stop). How do I show improvements in my law school applications when I am really just studying?
Open to any and all advice!!! thank you!
Hi AHG,

I'll mention first that since we haven't read your original application or know your GPA/LSAT, it's impossible to say whether you should submit an entirely new application or just rewrite and upgrade portions of the current one, and what parts should be addressed. We're in the dark here and that makes things rather challenging.

That said, we know the prior law school application has already been seen by the adcomms, and in those cases generally, the advice is to submit new -- or at least significantly improved -- PS/ why x law school/DEI letters.

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.