LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 Mw12345
|
Hi! I tried to take the August LSAT but was one of the people who experienced bad prometric issues so i opted to cancel it and retake in September before the score was ever released. I didn’t get to continue studying as much for the month between the exams and scored lower than I’d hoped on the September exam. I am scheduled to take the November exam but don’t know if I should cancel September or just leave it. Does two cancellations back to back look bad even though I didn’t get to finish the first test? Should I cancel and write and addendum? I’m really not sure what to do here. For a little context, I’m a reverse splitter for some of my schools and have very close to a 4.0 GPA from a double major and minor that I finished in three years. I hope this helps offset my LSAT some but am just not sure if I should cancel or leave it? Thanks for your help!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Mw12345 wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:48 am Hi! I tried to take the August LSAT but was one of the people who experienced bad prometric issues so i opted to cancel it and retake in September before the score was ever released. I didn’t get to continue studying as much for the month between the exams and scored lower than I’d hoped on the September exam. I am scheduled to take the November exam but don’t know if I should cancel September or just leave it. Does two cancellations back to back look bad even though I didn’t get to finish the first test? Should I cancel and write and addendum? I’m really not sure what to do here. For a little context, I’m a reverse splitter for some of my schools and have very close to a 4.0 GPA from a double major and minor that I finished in three years. I hope this helps offset my LSAT some but am just not sure if I should cancel or leave it? Thanks for your help!
Hi Mw12345,

I think we'd need a little more context here to provide the best advice -- particularly what that September score was and what schools you're looking at applying to.

Also, is your PT average at least a few points higher than your September exam? If you are certain (and this is key) that you can outperform your September exam, I'd cancel this one and focus on November. That does put the pressure on in November a bit because you don't want three cancels, but even that wouldn't be the end of the world.

But, if you are uncertain about outperforming your September score, then I'd say keep it without hesitation. So, there are nuances here. :) Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.