LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

CharlesPasselius
|
I have a clarification question about something that I could not find within this chapter of the LRB or any of the other PowerScore resources. How does one interpret and diagram "few" and "only a few" statements? It seems to me that both variations include the idea of "some" and "most not" at the same time, something like "at least one" up to less than half or 1-49%. Am I right in this way of thinking? An example of when this comes up would be PT33-S3-Q08. In that question, properly interpreting the statement ends up not mattering for finding the correct inference, but I want to make sure that I am properly understanding it for when it does. If this question is addressed in a PowerScore book, article, or other post, I would appreciate it if someone could direct me to where I can find that information. Otherwise, I would very much appreciate a clarification on this point. Thanks in advance.
 Dave Killoran
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
Hey Charles,

This is probably a good place to start: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid-15 ... -and-many/

Note that as far as diagramming, it's going to be a sort of modified "Some" statement, where you know it's "some" but you also know the quantity isn't large in a relative sense.

Please let me know if that helps!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.