LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 hass.manahil
|
Hello,

I do not know if this is the right place to post this but I am looking for some advice. I have been studying for the LSAT for around 4 months now and I do not know if it is burn out or laziness, but I just feel so sick of studying for the LSAT now. Maybe it is procrastination or laziness, but I have a lot of trouble starting my work. Even if I do start it, it takes a lot of effort to continue with the work. My test is on November tenth and I feel that the anxiety and pressure from my parents and myself, are stalling any progress I can make. I do not know what to do at this point and would love some advice. I have taken a one day break, and some breaks in the past as well but I just feel so hopeless :/ Starting to feel I am not cut out for this. Thanks in advance for any advice I receive :)
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
hass.manahil wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:40 pm Hello,

I do not know if this is the right place to post this but I am looking for some advice. I have been studying for the LSAT for around 4 months now and I do not know if it is burn out or laziness, but I just feel so sick of studying for the LSAT now. Maybe it is procrastination or laziness, but I have a lot of trouble starting my work. Even if I do start it, it takes a lot of effort to continue with the work. My test is on November tenth and I feel that the anxiety and pressure from my parents and myself, are stalling any progress I can make. I do not know what to do at this point and would love some advice. I have taken a one day break, and some breaks in the past as well but I just feel so hopeless :/ Starting to feel I am not cut out for this. Thanks in advance for any advice I receive :)
Hi hass,

Thanks for the post! Breaks from the LSAT are beneficial, which we write about here: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid-24 ... our-score/.

There's no magic period of how long you should take a break, but based on the fact that you already took a day or two off, and your test is upcoming, I'd take a bit longer off. :) With the test upcoming, the last thing you want to do is continue studying and burn out more.

In the meantime, I'd focus on test mentality to get yourself ready for test day: https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/the-ul ... urce-list/.

Thanks!

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.