LSAT and Law School Admissions Forum

Get expert LSAT preparation and law school admissions advice from PowerScore Test Preparation.

General questions relating to the LSAT or LSAT preparation.
 jphoff02
|
Hello,

I received a temporary score hold today and I'm really freaking out about it. I took the October test in-person at a test center, with no interruptions or issues with my administration whatsoever. I have heard sometimes this is related to a score jump but I'm unsure if this is an urban legend or not. I did not do anything out of the ordinary or that would even remotely register for me as a testing incident. I'm hoping that someone here has some similar experience, or someone who I can contact, because its really freaking me out rushing to the worst case scenarios right now. Thank you!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
jphoff02 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:04 am Hello,

I received a temporary score hold today and I'm really freaking out about it. I took the October test in-person at a test center, with no interruptions or issues with my administration whatsoever. I have heard sometimes this is related to a score jump but I'm unsure if this is an urban legend or not. I did not do anything out of the ordinary or that would even remotely register for me as a testing incident. I'm hoping that someone here has some similar experience, or someone who I can contact, because its really freaking me out rushing to the worst case scenarios right now. Thank you!
Hi jphoff02!

I hope your score has been released already or will be soon. That can certainly be frustrating and anxiety-inducing! We have also heard anecdotal reports/rumors that this can be related to a large score jump, so I hope this is the case for you. :-D.

But it could also be something as simple as someone accidentally walking too closely behind your testing area, background noise in the test center, or you were touching your face often at some point, so it was flagged for review to make sure it was accidental and not cheating. Anecdotally, most students report that their scores were eventually released, so hope this helps relieve some anxiety.

Thanks!
 jphoff02
|
Unfortunately still haven't gotten my score. Really hoping it comes out soon. Test Security said there were an above average number of cases they were reviewing for this administration, and looking at the statistics on LSAC's website, only 53% of scores are currently reportable, compared to an average of about 75% on past administrations when all is said and done. This seems like a huge irregularity, so I'm hoping this is all just routine and will be resolved in the next few days. If I have to wait a full ten business days I think I'm gonna go crazy, I can't stop refreshing my email to check for updates. Appreciate the feedback!
 jphoff02
|
Just for anyone looking at this thread in the future, I thought I'd update with what happened. I never got a follow up email from Test Security, but I saw my score on Wednesday the 7th when I logged in, 177. I'm assuming due to this that it was a high score jump review, so further anecdotal evidence that those are real. Went from a 158 May diagnostic :arrow: 160 June :arrow: 161 August :arrow: 177 October. 177 is higher than any PT I ever took, so I had my all time best performance on test day, which is absolutely incredible to me.

Massive, massive thank you to everyone at Powerscore for making this happen. Robert and Jeff who taught the Sept. live online class, I owe you both such a debt of gratitude and thanks. All of that increase I credit to what I learned during the course and through practice using the online lessons and platform. You really helped me to change my life, this wouldn't be possible without you and I will never forget it. What this company does is incredible, and I cannot do enough to sing its praises. On to the next stage of the application process now!
 Stephanie Oswalt
PowerScore Staff
  • PowerScore Staff
|
jphoff02 wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:15 am Just for anyone looking at this thread in the future, I thought I'd update with what happened. I never got a follow up email from Test Security, but I saw my score on Wednesday the 7th when I logged in, 177. I'm assuming due to this that it was a high score jump review, so further anecdotal evidence that those are real. Went from a 158 May diagnostic :arrow: 160 June :arrow: 161 August :arrow: 177 October. 177 is higher than any PT I ever took, so I had my all time best performance on test day, which is absolutely incredible to me.

Massive, massive thank you to everyone at Powerscore for making this happen. Robert and Jeff who taught the Sept. live online class, I owe you both such a debt of gratitude and thanks. All of that increase I credit to what I learned during the course and through practice using the online lessons and platform. You really helped me to change my life, this wouldn't be possible without you and I will never forget it. What this company does is incredible, and I cannot do enough to sing its praises. On to the next stage of the application process now!
Congrats! That's great to hear your score was released, and even better about your awesome score! :)

Get the most out of your LSAT Prep Plus subscription.

Analyze and track your performance with our Testing and Analytics Package.